Monday, May 17, 2010

Movie Review - Coco Before Chanel

I love Audrey Tatou...I mean how can you not? She's adorable and fantastic as the ingenue for Chanel's most recent parfume ads. I love her character in so many movies. When I get into 'French Movie' mode, I stick with Audrey Tatou and Marion Cotillard (if you haven't seen Jeaux d'enfants then you absolutely must!).

This movie is not what you'd think it is. It isn't some frilly clothing movie, but any French film rarely is anyway. This is a great, passionate story about a misfortunate young girl's trials with life and how it culminated in the creation of personal identity that has changed the Fashion industry forever. If you thought that 'Devil wears Prada' was good but to frilly (which it really was, I love it though), then any Fashion Diva (or Divo) will absolutely fall in love with this grungy version of a fashion story.

It has lots of disappointments, love, aspects of betrayal from friends and from lovers; but above all it show the perserverance of one, Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel, to just make something of herself. She is a fantastic example of feminism without all the man bashing. This woman is epic and Audrey's portrayal of her in this story, made me want to be her. She made the best out of every situtaiton with a bit of optimism and pessimism combined. She truly rose above everything and became an icon to millions, wow! I applaud you 'Coco' Chanel.

I loved the movie and give it 5 out of 5 stars; but you can judge for yourself! :)

Jouir! (enjoy)

No comments:

Post a Comment