Monday, October 3, 2011

My adventures in baking -> pumpkin bread pudding

If you know me, you know that I just adore bread pudding. More recently, I have become addicted to pumpkin spice lattes and I've always love pumpkin pie. So when I saw this recent blog post on pumpkin bread pudding, I just had to try the recipe. It is probably one of the easiest recipes I've ever made and of course...I had to add my own variation to it by
adding chocolate chips. So this is really Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Pudding, a mouthful I know... Check out my step-by-step creation in photos below, yummm! A great easy recipe for the holidays.

Quick note: I had trouble finding the canned pumpkin, not really being the baking type an all. It's in the cake section.





Take day old baguette and chop it into 1" squares









Preheat oven to 350, let 3/4 stick unsalted butter melt in 8" pan









Mix together 1 1/2 cups whole milk (or cream), 2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk, 1 pinch ground cloves, 1/8 tsp allspice, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 2 tbls maker's mark (that's right), 3/4 cup packed canned pumpkin.






Pour your bread bits into the melted butter and coat evenly. I used a glove so that my hand wouldn't get all greasy. Toss the bread and get the butter all over the pieces.







Pour your mixture over the bread, making sure that it is evenly coated. This is also when I added the chocolate chips, be generous, about 1/2 cup throughout.








After 25-30 minutes in the oven, you should have something delicious like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment