Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Julie/Julia and Ronjini....

First and foremost, bacon is always the secret ingredient.

I was watching Julie/Julia the other day and saw the great scene of Julie eating that bruschetta. It made me want to make some crispy, tomatoey bruschetta. At first, it seemed like there was no way that it could be a full meal, boy, was I wrong!

Anything is possible, when bacon is your secret ingredient. Immediately, I made the recipe my own. I headed over to Trader Joe's to pick up some goods:

French Bread - check
Firm tomatoes - check
Basil - check
Garlic - check
Applewood smoked bacon - check










I got home to a spunky puppy, just waiting for a walk. We went out and then I began my cooking.

First, I made my bruschetta mixture:
2 medium tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
1 bunch of basil finely chopped
grated pepper
grated sea salt

Next:
for flavor and protein, grill bacon on the grill pan
I should have made it crispier, but it turned out well nontheless.











and thennnn......
grill the bread on the grill pan in the bacon grease....

Last, but definitely not least:
spoon the bruschetta onto the toasted French bread and add bacon crumbles on top. Perfection!





That was my Julia Child experiment for today. Assignment completed. I have a surprise coming this weekend though. Don't worry folks its just a phase, enjoy it while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment