Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Isn't apartment hunting hard enough?

Okay, I had to post this, because I am utterly annoyed. Shopping for apartments is my specialty. I have moved probably around 8 times in the past 6 years. Why? Well I'm not sure why, so let's leave that out of it. Nevertheless, apartment shopping is a long and grueling process that I don't necessarily enjoy. Howeverrrrrrrr, at the end of it all, there is a new place to look forward to, decorate and invite people over to.

I am apartment hunting with a friend and she comes by a deal.
Ronjini: " You know a lot of times when it looks too good to be true, it usually is!" Now I am generally an optimistic person, but I have found this to be true in many various cases, but ESPECIALLY while apartment hunting. In honor of optimism though, I decided that I would email the person and check it out, get some additional photos, all that crap you do when you're hunting.

This morning...an email came, at 2:22 a.m. Who writes back about an apartment at 2:22 am? That's A. and #2 he claims that he is in Lagos,West Africa and moved there with his wife and 12 year old daughter. My scam radar is on high alert and beeping like crazy right? and then the nail that hit the head in the coffin....

"A good Tenant that have the fear of God." <-- really? That's it!!!! SCAM

But why? Why do I not only have to go through this when I'm looking for jobs, furniture, and just random emails; but do you really have to make my apartment hunting experience more difficult too? for $2400?

Anyway! In case you are looking for an apartment, please be careful of those that say they live out of town (some actually do though), and deals that seem too good to be true (because they probably are).

Bah Humbug on apartment hunting!
Those Bastards!

No comments:

Post a Comment