Wednesday, October 21, 2009

25/50 - 25 Things to do in 50 days

I was inspired by a post that I read this morning called 101 things to do in 1001 days. I need shorter term goals, so I shortened my list and my time span to see if I can also accomplish what The Little Goat had set out to do. I'm guessing the main goal is to really get things done and stick with them. Everyone knows when you publicly announce something, it's more likely to get done.

So as per style of The Little Goat;
the mission if I choose to accept it: Complete 25 goals in the span of 50 days.

Method: By any means necessary. Tasks must be specific with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined.

Start:
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Celebratory finish:
Thursday, December 10, 2009 And so the list begins:

1) Start this list
2) No soda (outside of soda water)
3) Play 1 tennis tournament

4) Run 10 miles/week (including at least one 5K)

5) Lose 10 pounds (starting weight: to be updated soon)
6) Post my first video on Netropolis

7) Blog 2 times/week (14 posts)
8) Straighten out my taxes

9) Go wine tasting
10) Play tennis 3 times a week (at least) - total of 21 times

11) Hit the Santa Monica stairs 1/week (at least) - total of 7 times

12) Read 3 books

13) Learn to ride the scooter

14) Get a king-sized bed

15) Floss everyday

16) Cook 1 new recipe/week

17) Watch 1 foreign or independent film/week (7 total)

18) Golf or hit 1/week (7 times)

19) Hit serves 4 mornings/week (28 times)

20) Get a Carrom board

21) Create an acrylic painting

22) Enter all receipts into an excel spreadsheet

23) Only eat out 1 time/week (7 times)

24) Go to the gym 5 times/week (35 times)

25) Write a new 25 things list


Wish me luck, looks like I'll need it! Look for updates too, each time I accomplish things I will gray them out as I go, although many of them will only be completed on the last day of this target list.


1 comment: